Contact Tags allow you to easily categorize, manage and visualize your contacts list. You can really easily add new tags, assign tags to contacts, and filter by particular tags. The contact tags are visible through your main contacts list on iOS, making it much easier to scan for particular contacts.
There are various ways to add a new Tag.
- From the contacts list, press-and-hold for a second on any contact to see the "Manage Tags" option, and from the 'Assign Tags' page, select "New Tag" and enter in the details. This also assigns the Tag to the selected contact.
- From the contacts list page, select the Filters button, then press + and select "Create New Tag"
- From More -> Advanced -> Tags -> press the + button.
Assigning Tags to various contacts is very simple. There are multiple ways to do this as well.
- From the contacts list, press-and-hold for a second on any contact to see the "Manage Tags" option, and from the Assign Tags page, select or unselect all the Tags for that contacts (tip: you can also swipe across on the contact , and then select "Tags" from the list of actions)
- You can also get to the same page from an individual contact's page, by selecting the '...' button and then choose "Assign Tags"
- You can also assign a single Tag to multiple contacts. From the Contacts list page, select the '...' button, select the contacts you want, then select the Actions button and choose Add Tag. You can then select from the list of existing Tags, and that tag will be applied to all the selected contacts.
- You can also add Tags when creating a new contact from the Contacts Journal app, whether through the main app or through the 'Add Contact' Shortcuts option.
Tags on Mac
On the Mac version of Contacts Journal, you can view a contact's existing tags when you select the Info section for a contact. To add/remove tags, you can right-click on the list of tags in the Info section, or right-click on the contact in the main contacts list, so see a drop-down menu with all the Tags listed. You can also select "Create New Tag" here to create a new tag.