Adding documents and files to your Contacts Journal contacts is a valuable way to stay organized and carry important documents with you to meetings. You can attach Word documents, PDF files, images, presentations, audio files etc; you can then view these files from within Contacts Journal. Note that in each case, a copy of the file is saved inside Contacts Journal; there is no link to the original file maintained (this might change in a future version).
On iPhone / iPad
From the contact’s Files tab, press the + button and select one of these options:
- Import from Dropbox: this will open the Dropbox app on your device (if installed) and you can select the file you want to import into Contacts Journal
- Import from Camera Roll: select a photo from your iPhone photo library
- Import from iCloud Drive: import documents from other apps that support iCloud Drive
- Scan Documents: scan receipts and documents using a built-in Document Scanner. Files are saved as PDF files inside Contacts Journal. Available in iOS13+
- Add Drawing: create a sketch or hand-written note, and saved inside Contacts Journal. Available in iOS13+
- Transfer over WiFi: transfer files from your computer to your device over WiFi. Your computer has to be on the same WiFi network as your iPhone / iPad
You can also transfer files from other apps into Contacts Journal:
- To transfer attachments from Mail, press and hold on any attachment and then select the “Open In” button. Select Contacts Journal from the list of apps, and then select a contact to attach the document to.
- Other apps on the iPhone / iPad also support the “Open in” button, and you can follow the same steps as above to transfer documents into Contacts Journal
- On iPad, you can now drag-and-drop emails from the Mail app into Contacts Journal. You can see how to do this in our demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDjMiH4Pds
Here are some ways to attach files to contacts on the Mac:
- select the contact's Files page, then press the + button to bring up the file selection window. You can select multiple files and press the Import button
- select the contact's Files page, then drag-and-drop files into the files section from Finder. You can also drag-and-drop emails from the Mail app
- select the main Files section from the app's left sidebar, then select the + button; you will have to first select the contact, then select the files you want to import in the files selection window
- select the main Files section from the app's left sidebar, then drag-and-drop files into any existing contact's files section. You can drag-and-drop files from Finder, or emails from the Mail app.
- with the Files section selected from the app's left sidebar, you can drag-and-drop files and emails onto the "Files" button, and then select a contact that isn't visible or doesn't have an existing section in the Files page.
- with either a contact's Files section selected, or the general all Files page selected, you can paste a file from the clipboard into Contacts Journal. You will be asked to select a contact