This update supports many great new features for iOS13:
- Dark Mode: Contacts Journal now looks great in the system Dark Mode!
- Document Scanner: scan documents, like in the Notes app, into a PDF file, and add the document into a contact's Files section
- Add Drawings: add sketches, hand-written notes and drawings to a contact's Files section
- Context Menu Previews: long-press on a Log, ToDo, Files or Contact, and the item will now expand into 'Preview' mode. Great for scanning through a large list without having to tap in-and-out of each page. You can also tap on the preview to expand it into a full page.
*Extensive* support for Siri Shortcuts in iOS13. This will allow you to do things like adding a Log to a contact entirely from within Siri! This is extremely powerful new functionality, and lets you accelerate your data collection, without even having to open Contacts Journal!
You can do the following activities using Siri Shortcuts:
- Add Logs and ToDos, including providing the title, location and note
- Add Contacts, including providing name, email, phone, address and the notes field
- View Logs and ToDos, including filtered by a particular contact, and by date ranges
- Find Contacts, using name, email, phone number or an address
Learn more about using Siri Shortcuts with Siri, and the Apple Shortcuts app, from our help article.
Map View Options
You can now customize the Map View to better suit your needs, and even go back to the old Map style from before v5.1:
- Map Styles: now supports different map styles:
- Muted (which is currently the default)
- Standard (which shows more details on the map)
- Satellite (for satellite imagery)
- Hybrid (combined Satellite and Standard styles)
- Map Options: you can hide contact names from showing up on the Map, and also turn off 'Map Pin Clustering'
- Better phone number formatting when you edit a contact's information
- Share Extensions: CJournal used to show 2 different 'Share Extensions' in the Share menu; these have now been combined into 1. If you 'share' text from other apps, this will pop up the "Add Log" page in the share extension. If you 'share' a file or image, it will ask you if you want to add this to a Log, or into a contact's Files section
- From the Contacts list page, when you press Edit, the 'action' button is now going to show on the top-left
- Fixed a problem with Dropbox syncing