Redesigned "Create Contacts" page
Our new "Create Contacts" page is designed to make you more efficient. Now, at the time you create a new contact, you can:
- add basic contacts information very quickly, with less taps than the standard "Create Contact" page used in Apple Contacts
- assign contact to Public or Private Groups
- setup custom User Fields data; if you have Favorite fields, the default values are already filled in!
- create ToDos for important follow-ups
- use 'current location' when adding a new address, to fill-in the information automatically
This will make setting up new contacts a breeze.
- you can use Siri to bring up the Create Contacts page! See details below for how to set this up
- you can force-press on the app icon and use the shortcut there to open this page as well
- supports keyboard shortcuts on eternal keyboards
- Custom Fields that are 'Favorite' will show up pre-filled with their default values
- works for both "Create Contact" and "Create Private Contact" options
In the future, we will add support for customization of this page, adding options for which fields you would like to see by default, default ToDo options and more.
You can switch back to the old "Create Contacts" page if you wish. You change this in More -> Settings -> Create Contact Settings page.
You can now setup a default "Alert" option when creating new ToDos. You can set this from More -> Settings -> ToDo Settings page.
Use "Create Contacts" page from Siri
You can setup a Siri shortcut for the new "Create Contacts" and "Create Private Contacts" page separately. To do this:
- you need to be running iOS12, and v4.6 of Contacts Journal
- open the "Create Contacts" and/or "Create Private Contacts" page in the new CJournal version
- open the Settings app -> Siri -> All Shortcuts -> CJournal -> See All
- select the + button in front of "Create New Contact" or "Create New Private Contact"
You should now see the Siri page to add a custom Siri phrase:
Once setup, you can now use your personalized Siri phrase in Siri, and it will open up the Contacts Journal app with the page you want.
You can also add the shortcut to the Shortcuts app.
Note that you can also setup other Contacts Journal actions (like Add New Log / Add New ToDo etc) from Siri using the same Siri Settings page.